Homemade glycolic acid face mask
The other day I was particularly looking for recipes of face masks with glycolic acid, i.e. homemade glycolic acid face mask. And I found a useful and new recipe with some great uses of glycolic acid.Find the recipe after the uses given here. I found that Glycolic acid is:
- The best chemical solution, which is used to remove dead cells on the surface
of the top skin layer.
- The commonly used in the form of alpha hydroxy acid. This is used in both low
and high strengths.
- Used by doctors to exfoliate the skin, and is also advised by the doctors for
- Used in face masks as lunch time peels.
- An ingredient that makes the skin smooth rapidly, making it appear bright and
- White cane sugar 50%(not the organic one used food, doesn't work as well for
- Vegetable glycerin 50% or Avacado oil.
- Aloe Vera gel.
- Dry Orange or Dry Lemon Crystals containing vitamin C, or anything that heals
and dissolves in water.
- Two drops of combination of orange and lavender oil.
- Mix the ingredients well in a bowl to make a paste.
- Massage the scrub on the skin for a minute or two.
- Stop massaging as the scrub tightens on the face like a masque.
- Rinse off after four minutes.
The scrub, I’m told, should be used only on the face and not anywhere else. I noticed one thing. I felt slight stinging, when I was applying it on my face. However it vanished as I kept going.
Glycolic acid can be used as gentle scrub, but one has to keep using it regularly. The soft feeling is definitely temporary. But the scrub can be used regularly to attain polished look.